Grayton Beach Real Estate and Grayton Beach FL Homes for Sale
With an unofficial slogan like “Nice dogs, strange people,” you definitely know that Grayton Beach is as eccentric as it gets. Established in 1890 by two Army Generals, William Miller and William Wilson, who named it after Army Major Charles T. Gray, Grayton Beach has managed to retain its rustic, relaxing vibe through the years, where you get the feeling things haven’t really changed that much in the last hundred years or so—and that is exactly a large part of its charm.
Described as a “funky little beach town full of free-spirited folks with a laid-back attitude,” Grayton Beach offers an expansive beachfront, unique shops and restaurants brimming with character, and plenty of leisure and recreational activities. But it’s the relaxed pace of life that has attracted long-time residents and visitors to these shores, making it the ideal place for an holiday getaway or an idyllic retreat where you can leave the stress of daily life behind.
Grayton Beach’s real estate options are:
- Mostly single-family residences
- Historic clapboard beach cottages that date back 100 years
- Quaint bungalows
- Sprawling estate properties located on streets lined with gnarled live oak and magnolia trees
- Luxury homes in newer developments like The Preserve at Grayton Beach, with a gated community setting and amenities like swimming pools and a tennis court – all within walking distance to the beach
Area of Interest
- Grayton Beach State Park – More than 2,200 acres of salt marshes, sea oat covered dunes, and crystal-white sandy beaches, as well as Western Lake, considered as one of the rare coastal dune lakes in the world. The park offers numerous recreational activities, including swimming, sunbathing, and surf fishing. A boat ramp provides access to Western Lake for both freshwater and saltwater fishing, kayaking, and paddle boarding. Hikers and bikers can traverse four miles of trails throughout the pine flatwoods, including a nature trail that winds through a coastal forest lined with magnolia trees and scrub oaks. A full-facility campground provides 30 cabins that can accommodate up to six people, as well as spaces for tents and recreational vehicles.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Information is Deemed Reliable, but is Not Guaranteed Accurate by the Emerald Coast Association of REALTORS® MLS.