Dune Allen Beach Real Estate and Dune Allen Homes for Sale
Just a few miles east of Sandestin along County Road 30A lies the residential community of Dune Allen Beach, offering a pleasant blend of rustic charm and the amenities of a planned development.
The site of three unique dune lakes, Dune Allen’s landscape is a showcase of the area’s beautiful natural setting, with its quiet beachfront and numerous walking trails. So it’s no surprise at all why Dune Allen Beach attracts photographers and nature enthusiasts from all over the world.
Housing options in Dune Allen include:
- Mostly single-family residences
- Vintage homes
- Sprawling estate properties
- Beach homes with wide open decks that stand tall on wooden pilings
- Mediterranean-style stucco homes
- Low-rise condos in newer developments
Homes along the 30A provide stunning views of the Gulf Coast and direct access to the beach area, while some homes surrounding the dune lakes have their own private boat slips.
Areas of Interest
- Stallworth Lake, Allen Lake, and Oyster Lake – The town’s three main coastal dune lakes are considered rare bodies of water that are only found in a few places around the globe. These brackish lakes that are a mix of salt and fresh water were created thousands of years ago by the lakes’ occasional overflow and exchange with the Gulf Coast waters. Though unusually shallow with an average depth, the dunes that surround them can get as high as 30 feet. The lakes have been known to be good fishing spots stocked with largemouth bass, striped mullet, Gulf flounder, redfish, and catfish. Bird-watching is also popular in the lakes area, with red-cockaded woodpeckers, bald eagles, brown pelicans, ospreys, and great blue herons residing there.
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park– Features more than three miles of secluded white sand beaches, majestic dunes that can go as high as 25 feet, wetlands, greenery that includes long leaf pines and sand pine scrub, and three rare coastal dune lakes: Fuller Lake, Morris Lake, and Campbell Lake. Swimming, fishing, biking, hiking, and camping are allowed, including bird-watching and wildlife observing.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information is Deemed Reliable, but is Not Guaranteed Accurate by the Emerald Coast Association of REALTORS® MLS. (iHomefinder, Inc Member Number 28165)